Colgate University broke ground Friday, Sept. 30, to celebrate the start of construction on the Benton Center for Creativity and Innovation, an anchor of the new Middle Campus, made possible through a $25 million gift from Daniel C. Benton ’80, H’10, P’10.
October 6, 2022Read the Story "Colgate Breaks Ground on Benton Center for Creativity and Innovation"
Browse All News & Stories
- Associate Professor Mary Simonson started out as a piano performance major at Rutgers University. Today, she is the Daniel C. Benton ’80 Endowed Chair in Arts, Creativity, and Innovation at Colgate University.October 27, 2021
- Michael ’78 and Julie Milone have committed $1.5 million to permanently endow the directorship of Colgate Career Services, supporting efforts to help students pursue post-graduation success.October 14, 2021
- Trustee emeritus Robert Fox ’59, GP’23,’25 has given $10 million to build Fox Hall at Colgate University, the first residence hall of the University’s fifth Residential Commons.October 14, 2021
- Founded in 2020, the University’s First@Colgate program provides essential services to first-generation students and their families.October 12, 2021
- Members of the Colgate University classes of 2022–25 will now benefit from an additional expansion of the University’s no-loan initiative under the Colgate Commitment.June 14, 2021
- An initiative in access and affordability, the Colgate Commitment, provides full tuition support for the lowest-income students and aligns tuition costs with family income.June 1, 2021
- Endowed chairs recognize Colgate’s top faculty for academic achievement, distinguished teaching, and the promise of future accomplishments.May 4, 2021
- Colgate's largest-ever single donor shares why he gives back and what inspires him about The Third-Century Plan and a related series of initiatives designed to bolster arts, creativity, and innovation.March 1, 2021
Gift of $25M from Alumnus Dan Benton Will Build Benton Center for Creativity and Innovation, Support Third-Century PlanDan Benton ’80, H’10, P’10 has secured his place as Colgate’s most generous benefactor, making a $25 million gift in support of the Middle Campus Plan for Arts, Creativity, and Innovation.February 1, 2021
- Colgate University announced the creation of two endowed faculty chairs that will support teaching and research in areas important to The Third-Century Plan.February 1, 2021